Reduce & Control Energy Consumption
- Detailed Net Zero energy site surveys & reports
- Identification and monitoring of mandatory Energy Compliance requirements
- Identification of grants and finance to support Net Zero
- Identification and monitoring of energy use through installation of intelligent energy metering systems and analytical software systems
- Optimisation of the building operation through either reconfiguring existing Building Management Systems (BMS) software, or via system upgrades
- Improved energy focussed BMS maintenance services
- Lifecycle replacement of existing plant or lighting to energy efficient alternatives
- Ongoing performance measurement via our in-houe Bureau
Energy is increasingly being generated where it is required, in order to mitigate losses and high costs associated with transmitting energy across the grid. With our extensive experience in the energy industry, E2 can assist in the design, installation, commissioning and management of onsite generation. Our services include:
- Onsite generation feasibility studies
- System design
- Project management
- Ongoing management services
Green Energy Procurement
Where onsite generation is unable to fulfill the total demand for a site, or if the site is not suitable for onsite generation, procurement of a green energy source is the next step. This may be via two routes:
POWER PURCHASE AGREEMENTS (PPA)
Buying direct from the generator e.g. the owner of a PV or wind farm with many benefits including price certainty through negotiation of longer contract terms at agreed price points. Engaging in PPA's also helps accelerate the transition to renewables, as it provides the developers with the commitment to further invest in renewable projects.
If you don't have the ability to sign into a long term PPA contract at present, there are a wide variety of deals available for buying your energy from a certified green source from one of the main suppliers.
E2’s internal energy brokerage team can arrange PPAs to suit your company’s requirements and negotiate beneficial green procurement contracts with all of the main suppliers in the UK, through bulk buying initiatives
Offset Carbon Emissions
Carbon offsetting is helpful, where emissions either cannot be reduced or energy cannot be generated from renewable sources. Whilst this is not a permanent solution, it is an important stepping stone to becoming Net Zero.
As detailed in the CCC report: “Minimise offsets, phase them out, and ensure only permanent emissions removals remain”